Monday, 8 October 2012

Initial Ideas: Focus Group

For this I asked a few people within a focus group 8 questions about what they would want from a student magazine and I found the results were pretty similar and I found what students would want from a magazine.
I asked the students to expand on their answers and tell me why they thought that and the reason for their answers. This is a small selection of the answers that I was given by other students.
- What content  would you like to see in a student magazine?
The content that I would be interested in reading are things that are relevant and modern and not just all about students and education such as music, fashion, gaming. I think that it should also have information and options about student life and career options and also the courses that are available and the enrichment..
- What colours would you like in/on the front cover of a student magazine and what would catch your eye and appeal to you so that you will want to buy it and read it?
I think that students magazines should be aimed at both genders so I think that the unisex colours of black/red/white would appeal to all students. But I also think that different shades of blue would be a good colour scheme for a front cover because it looks professional and sophisticated.
- What sort of images on the front cover would make you want to buy the magazines?
Images and insights of the content would be helpful as we could see what was included in the magazine, for example, a gaming control to represent gaming. I also think that it should include images of students that are happy and successful because I think that this will encourage people to be successful and buy the magazine because they think it's a happy and successful college.
- What font style would you like to see on the front of a student magazine? 
I think that the font style on the front of the magazine should be in lower case letters and in one bold colour, because it is simple and but effective and I think that it is much easier to read.
- What positive things about the college could I include on my front cover that will encourage students to buy and read the magazine
Including positive student comments into the student magazine about the college and the courses might help encourage people to buy this magazine and may even encourage them to join and take up new courses and subjects and try new things.
- What layout would attract your attention and make you want to buy this magazine?
A simple layout would attract my attention and not too much information, but a few images.
- What price would you be willing to pay for this magazine
I think mainly between 20p and 50p because it's loose change that students are likely to have and I think that for the amount of information that will be a good price and good for students.

No comments:

Post a Comment