Wednesday, 14 November 2012

Introduction to the Main Task

Now that I have completed the preliminary task, I will design a front cover, a contents page and a double page spread of a music magazine. I will complete this in several different stages:

- Week 1:
I will post initial ideas for the magazine on my blog and what I am planning to contain in my magazine. I will then develop a pitch. I will then analyse 2 front covers, 2 contents pages and 2 double page spreads from different music magazines.

- Week 2:
I will post my pitch and audience feedback on my blog and will then carry out more audience research that will benefit the development of my magazine. I will then think about taking photos for my magazine and considering all the things that I will want to use for these images such as make-up, costumes, props, models, locations etc. I will then complete a mock up of my magazine pages.

- Week 3:
I will develop my front cover and use different ideas and techniques to experiment with it to see which looks best and will appeal to my target audience so that they will want to buy my music magazine. I will also post my photo shoot onto my blog of all the possible images that I will use for my magazine.

- Week 4:
My ongoing task is to develop my front cover as I gain more audience feedback that will help me decide what content should be used in my magazine. I will make adjustments based on this audience feedback so that it will appeal to my target audience. I will also complete a draft of my double page article and all the possible content that may be used in it.

- Week 5:
I will design my contents page and make a draft of this and gather more feedback on it and will make adjustments to fit the requirements of the feedback that I have collected.

- Week 6:
I will design my double page spread and will use all possible content that may be used so that my audience can get an idea as to what is going to be used in it. I will again gain feedback from my target audience on this.

- Week 7:
I will finalise my magazine design of all my pages. I will then begin to draft my evaluation and I will continue to do this for the next couple of weeks and develop it. I will complete this and make any adjustments to my blog when making final checks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment